Career coaching helps individuals build strategies to be highly motivated and fulfilled in their work. Coaching can support you in progressing in your current career or exploring alternative career options and gives you an appreciation of your skills, strengths, motivators and experience. Coaching helps you set career goals that are true to who you are and supports you in achieving them.
Are you thinking of a career change, but are unsure where to start? Illuminate Career Coaching will enthusiastically support you in navigating your new career journey and help you manage your fears on the way. I am licensed to use the FireworkTM Career Change programme, this is a structured programme supported by stimulating tools and exercises.
Firework is based on the premise that those who are most satisfied and motivated by their work are in careers that best reflect them, their true nature, passions, draws on their strengths and honours their deeply held values.
The Firework Career Change Programme was developed and tested over 3 years to ensure it produces the required results in helping clients make the correct career choices and transition successfully.
The full programme consists of three stages:
EXPLORE – This is about you really getting to know yourself and understand what really floats your career boat, values, passions, strengths and celebrating all of those in abundance. This is a fundamental part of the process as this vital self knowledge allows you to move forward with certainty.
DREAM – This is the creative part where possibilities are generated and you get a taste of what your future may look like.
DISCOVER – This is where the focus happens and we consider how you can bridge the gap between where you are now and where you would like to be. Your career action plan is created, and you can start your new journey.
On average the programme takes around 9 sessions with 1-2 hours assignment work in between each session.
The programme is flexible so we can set up a frequency that is right for you.
Career Development coaching helps support you in your current career and is extremely flexible and effective. Even though you are successful there maybe areas that you would like to focus on. This could be:
- Dealing with the responsibility of being a leader
- Achieving promotion
- Establishing yourself in a new role
- Building relationships and influencing
- Sustaining performance
- Building the ability to bounce back when things don’t go to plan
- Being more effective
- Re-igniting motivation
- Improving work/life balance
We firstly work together to assess where you are right now in order to define what you would like to achieve professionally, this will allow us to set the goals for the coaching process and define how many sessions will be required.
I work with you to create positive change in your career. Helping you identify what motivates you and what gets in the way. I am detached from your current working environment therefore able to give you dedicated support and I am really passionate about you having a fulfilling career.
Clients have reported the following benefits in their career after working with me:
- Success at interviews
- Better performance in meetings and greater positive outcomes
- Clearer decision making on career choices and moving into a new career.
- Successfully raising profile to achieve well in a new role.
- Improved performance to achieve promotion.
- Successfully managing conflict to ensure a win-win outcome.
- Creating a work pattern that allows more time to spend with family.
- Eliminating stress through organisation and control.
- Leaders spending more time managing and letting go of detail to improve individual and team performance.
- Successful re-establishment after absence from work.
Areas for career coaching:
- Career progression
- Career change
- Personal performance
- Working relationships and communication.
- Returning to work.
- Working with confidence.
- Work/life balance
- Pressure of work and stress
I coach clients face to face in West Yorkshire and nationally by phone or skype.