Year after year we use the New Year as a milestone for change and by the end of February momentum and energy has run out. We just accept things as, ‘this is just the way it is’ and resign ourselves in the comfort of, ‘next year will be my year’ and so the cycle continues…
To champion you along I thought I would therefore share my Top 10 Tips on how to be resilient and keep that energy going:
- Ensure your goals are specific, realistic, thrilling and defined in a positive way.
- Create a vision for the future, have fun with it, design how you want to live day to day.
- Build a support network and talk about what you want to achieve.
- Control negative thinking, do things to build your confidence.
- Ensure they are your goals.
- Ask yourself, ‘What qualities of life will achieving my goals bring me?’
- Build a plan of how you’ll get to where you want to be and write it down.
- Start saying NO to things that aren’t on your plan.
- Be organised and determined.
- And finally and most importantly…use anytime of year to start your journey.
Good luck, let me know how you get on!! Make 2012 your Olympic Year too!